SEAM SEALING FOR AUTOMOTIVE
WATERPROOF SEAM SEALING TAPES
Dickson-PTL seam tape range is perfectly adapted for the soft top seam sealing. Because the material has been approved FMVSS 302, it is largely used for the waterproofing of soft tops for convertibles.
The polyurethane coated base cloth confers a strong mechanical integrity while the hot melt bond ensures a perfectly watertight adhesion, on almost any type of surface (polyester, polyamide, cotton, PU, PVC, neoprene, leather…). Thanks to its unique feature of being bias cut, it also allows an easy application even on curved stitching.
Our tape can also be used to reinforce the assembly of seats and upholsteries in cars’ interior.
Examples of applications :
- Convertibles’ soft top seam sealing
- Seats seam reinforcing
- Cars interior
- Upholstery sewing reinforcing…
- Dickson-PTL’s seam sealing tape is a reference in the automotive market:
- Certified FMVSS 302
- Many applications – Convertible soft top, seats seams, upholstery
- Easy to apply even curved surfaces