PROTECTIVE COVERS FOR AIRCRAFT
Covers are used to protect helicopters during the manufacturing process, the storage and the maintenance of civil and military helicopters. Three main parts of the helicopters are protected whenever it is possible: windshield, blades & inlet/exhaust.
HELICOPTER WINDSHIELD COVER
When not protected, the windshield can be damaged by physical objects (sand storms, ice hail, foreign object impacts) or by a harsh environment (humidity and saline environment). Inadequate protection (covers made out of PVC tarp) can also harm the windshield (abrasion, plasticizers migration…)
Dickson PTL’s fabric has been designed with precisely those concerns in mind. Therefore the fabric features the following characteristics :
- Anti-crazing fabric
- Heat/cold resistant fabric
- UV Resistant
HELICOPTER BLADE COVERS
Helicopters (military or civil), are sometime exposed to extreme weather conditions (low temperature) and need to be properly protected to prevent damages and remain operational at short notice. Without shelters or covers, ice and frost can form on helicopter blades, particularly damaging on the leading edges, rending the craft non-operational without a manual removal (which can be tiresome !). Using helicopter blades covers can keep the blades ice-free, even during long storage.
Dickson PTL material for helicopter blades covers features :
- Cold resistance : down to -55°C while PVC fabric gets rigid when exposed to temperature/s less than -20°C.
- Ice does not stick on the fabric
- Mechanical strength but lightweight
- UV resistant
- Suitable for on board equipment: Dickson-PTL fabric is fire resistant: FAR25.
HELICOPTER INLET & EXHAUST COVERS
During storage and maintenance (and even during production) the inlet and exhaust of the helicopter engine need to be protected against:
- FOD (Foreign Object Damage) : During maintenance or production operator’s tools can damage the critical parts of the helicopter.
Our fabric is particularly suitable for the manufacturing of inlet and exhaust covers. It features :
- Heat resistant
- Fire resistant FAR25
- Soft contact : The fabric does not abrase the surface
The Dickson PTL fabric for Helicopter covers is qualified by
- Different applications :
- Windshield Cover : Anti-Crazing effect
- Blade Cover : Protect blades against Cold & Frost
- Inlet/Exhaust Cover : Protect engines against FOD
- Dickson-PTL product is :
- Fire Resistant (FAR25)
- Heat & Cod resistant
- Anti-Crazing properties
- Suitable for on-board equipment FAR25 & ABD0031
- Product Approved by Airbus Helicopter